Offering expert advice and quality Daikin systems there has never been a better time to book a free onsite quote and get ready for summer.
Split Systems vs. Ducted Systems
What are Ducted Air Conditioning Systems?
Ducted air conditioning systems are installed in your ceiling with vents positioned throughout your home or commercial building to keep all areas cool and comfortable. You can control your unit via a remote control and have the ability to zone areas you’d like to cool at any given time.
What are the Pros of Ducted Air Conditioning Systems?
There are numerous pros of ducted air conditioning systems, including:
- It cools your entire property: By having ducts in every room, you can ensure that your entire home is evenly cool and comfortable. This is not only nicer for you but it also means your furniture, flooring and pets stay protected, too.
- It can be quieter than a split system: A ducted system can be quieter than a split system which particularly benefits rooms where there are TVs or simply to be more calming on our senses!
- It’s more discrete than a split system: A ducted split system eliminates the need to have a unit in the wall, making them a better option aesthetically, whether you are building a new home or renovating your existing one.
What are the Cons of Ducted Air Conditioning?
There aren’t many negatives of ducted air conditioning. As long as it is a quality system installed by professionals, then ducted air conditioning can be a great option for home and business owners alike. The only thing to consider is that ducted air conditioning tends to be more expensive than split system cooling.
What is Split System Air Conditioning?
Split system air conditioners have an inside unit which connects to an outdoor condenser located in a discrete part outside your house. It is usually wall mounted and can circulate either warm or cool air.
Pros of Split System Air Conditioning
The pros of split systems include:
- Budget: Split systems are cheaper than ducted air conditioning, and thus may be the right option to effectively cool your home.
- Easy to maintain: Split system units are easily accessible making them easy to maintain, clean and repair.
- Provide heating as well as cooling: Split systems can provide heating and cooling, making them energy efficient and a good, budget friendly option if you need both a heating and cooling unit for your home.
Cons of Split System Air Conditioning
While split system air conditioning can be a perfect choice for some households, negatives may include:
- Only cooling one space: While powerful split systems can effectively cool a large space, it can be difficult to cool spaces where there are narrow hallways or doors.
- Wall space: Split systems take up wall space where you may otherwise prefer to install a TV or place a piece of furniture.
- Noise: While good quality split systems are quiet, they are generally noisier than ducted units.
At The Weather Wizard, we know that choosing between a split system or ducted cooling system is a big decision and that’s where you need the wizards to work their magic! We are dedicated air conditioner specialists, servicing Perth and beyond. If you are trying to choose between a split or ducted cooling system, contact us today for friendly advice.